Washington DC / Arlington
- With an existing bike-sharing program in Washington D.C., the main challenge was to change perception of the original program which never became part of people’s lifestyle, and convince them of the benefits of PBSC Urban Solutions’ program Capital BikeShare.
- First regional bike-sharing system to be launched: Capital BikeShare services the City of Washington D.C. as well as the City of Arlington, in two separate states.
- First PBSC Urban Solutions’ system to be operating on a 12 month basis in the United States.
- First US based operation for Alta Bicycle Share (Dedicated US operational partner)
- Launched on September 20, 2010 with 110 stations and 1,100 bikes
- 179,912 trips made to date, 11,046 casual users to date
- 5,500 active members to date, 2,000 active members before launch date of September 20, 2010
- The Capital BikeShare system of the City of Washington DC and Arlington in the United States both scored in the Top 10 best new transit systems in the world from CityFix.com
- Bike-sharing system installation
- System start-up
- Call center management
- Subscription management
- 24/7 Technical Support