- Second system, after Montreal, entirely operated by PBSC Urban Solutions and branded as BIXI to be delivered and launched.
- Major sponsor to provide funds to BIXI Toronto system to be signed for a minimum period of three years required for BIXI Toronto to go live in May 2011.
- 1,000 annual memberships needed to be sold to Torontonians prior to November 30, 2010, in order for the system to be launched in May 2011.
- PBSC Urban Solutions to work closely with municipal authorities in the negotiation of the contract, on loan commitments as well as operational decisions
Bike-sharing system’s characteristics
- System Name : BIXI Toronto
- Launch Date : May 3rd, 2011
- Number of Stations: 80
- Number of Bikes : 1,000
- Website: www.toronto.bixi.com
BIXI Toronto is the first system that PBSC Urban Solutions has deployed and operate completely.
- Bike-sharing system installation and maintenance
- System start-up
- Call centre management
- Subscription management
- Transactional Website
- 24/7 Technical Support