Washington State University
- First US based college campus to incorporate the PBSC Solutions’ bike-sharing program.
- Develop a customized user interface adapted to a new mode of identification at the pay station (use of student cards to rent the bikes instead of a special bike-sharing member key).
- Introduce a bike-sharing system onto a University campus where a unique bike culture already existed.
Bike-sharing system’s characteristics
- System Name: GreenBike Program
- Launch Date: September 1, 2010
- Number of Stations: 9
- Number of Bikes: 84
- Website : Greenbike.wsu.edu
Washington State University : Station Installation
Interview done by Jamie Bentley, Environmental Wellbeing Coordinator of Washington State University.
- Launched on September 1, 2010 with 4 stations and 32 bikes
- 2,906 trips made during the first season. Within 1 month, the GreenBike program surpassed the total rides from the previous year.
- 1,390 distinct users to date have used the GreenBike Program.
- System is operated in conjunction with campus facilities and the well-being department.
- For the fall semester of 2011, an expansion is planned for 2 additional stations and 22 additional bikes.
- The WSU program covers 640 acres of land. Our system services 18,234 students. The number of trips taken in the first month surpassed the total number of trips taken in the entire previous year. The success of the system continues to flourish with the upcoming 2 additional stations that will be added in 2011.
- Bike-sharing system installation and maintenance
- System start-up
- 24/7 Technical Support